The computer will be divided up into 3 or more boards:
The backplane will be connected in such a way that the peripheral card can be installed in the MMU slot to run without an MMU.
The boards used are WR double eurocard prototyping cards, each using two 96 pin DIN backplane connectors to connect to the backplane.
- Datapath card - Contains the ALU, register file and muxen
- Control card - Contains the instruction fetch and decode logic plus the
- (Future) MMU card - Interposed between the processor and peripheral boards
- Peripheral and memory card - Contains the main RAM, ROM and UARTs, might also contain an ISA slot for a possible network or video card.
- 32 Bit word size, data bus and instruction encoding
- Highly orthogonal instruction set ( except for special registers )
- Register file: 32 bit x 16 registers per window, max 64 windows ( not sure
how I am going to expose these yet)
- Load/Store architecture
- Conditional jumps but not conditional instructions
- Special registers: Program Counter, Link Register, Interrupt Link Register, and Status Register.